Eric Johnson has a timeless article at MentalFloss.com. Following his tips has actually gotten me to stop procrastinating.
While his article goes in depth and is a recommended read, here are the highlights.
1. Learn at the speed of random
2. Learn how to do anything
3. Learn how stuff works
4. Learn why a number is so important
5. Learn why today is so important
6. Learn what’s in the stars
7. Lean how to juggle
8. Learn how to write your name in Elvish
9. Learn to count in binary on your hands
10. Learn what words mean (and give to charity while you’re at it)
Who says procrastinating isn’t productive?