Larry Brooks of Storyfix.com has a guest post on ProBlogger about questions you can ask yourself to feel better. http://www.problogger.net/archives/2010/10/21/10-questions-that-will-always-make-you-better/
The questions you ask help to establish your frame of mind and how you live your life. They also help you to paint the mental pictures that guide your subconscious. I highly recommend you read the entire article. The main points are:
1. Are you willing to actually strive for that higher standard, or not?
2. What is your mission?
3. What are your strategic goals?
4. What is your USP (Unique Selling Proposition)?
5. What are you contributing?
6. Are you playing to win, or playing not to lose?
7. What are you getting out of this?
8. Are you getting better?
9. Are you willing to do the hard things?
10. Other questions quickly arise
I would encourage you to really think about each question and what it really means. Don’t do a cop out and think it doesn’t apply to you because your not selling anything. We ALL are selling something – ourselves. As you go through the questions, if you are not getting the answers you would like, what can you do so you will?