Celestine over at Lifehack.org has an excellent article about improving yourself. As I was reading the article there was one section that really jumped out at me.
“The more I grow, the more I realize there is so much out there I don’t know, so much that I have to learn. For sure, there is always something about ourselves we can improve on. The human potential is limitless, so it’s impossible to reach a point of no growth. Whenever we think we are good, we can be even better.”
I agree completely with this. The best part of this article is that every one of the tips is practical and simple. It doesn’t matter if you have just started on your self improvement journey or have been at it for several years. Each of the items listed below is easy and doable. Highlights of the tips are listed below.
1. Read a book every day.
2. Learn a new language.
3. Pick up a new hobby.
4. Take up a new course.
5. Create an inspirational room.
6. Overcome your fears.
7. Level up your skills.
8. Wake up early.
9. Have a weekly exercise routine.
10. Start your life handbook.
11. Write a letter to your future self.
12. Get out of your comfort zone.
13. Put someone up to a challenge.
14. Identify your blind spots.
15. Ask for feedback.
16. Stay focused with to-do lists.
17. Set Big Hairy Audacious Goals (BHAGs).
18. Acknowledge your flaws.
19. Get into action.
20. Learn from people who inspire you.
21. Quit a bad habit.
22. Cultivate a new habit.
23. Avoid negative people.
24. Learn to deal with difficult people.
25. Learn from your friends.
26. Start a journal.
27. Start a blog about personal development.
28. Get a mentor or coach.
29. Reduce the time you spend on chat programs.
30. Learn chess (or any strategy game).
31. Stop watching TV.
32. Start a 30-day challenge. Set a goal and give yourself 30 days to achieve this.
33. Meditate. Meditation helps to calm you and be more conscious.
34. Join Toastmasters (Learn public speaking).
35. Befriend top people in their fields.
36. Let go of the past.
37. Start a business venture. .
38. Show kindness to people around you.
39. Reach out to the people who hate you.
40. Take a break. Take some time off for yourself every week.
41. Read at least 1 personal development article a day.
42. Commit to your personal growth.
Now that you have the highlights, head over to read the details (they will help a lot) about the 42 Practical Ways To Improve Yourself.
Let me know which ones you will start with.