It’s an ability that everyone has, yet most do not think they have it. The power of innovation. If you’ve ever sat in owe at somebody’s creative prowess, guess what, you can create and innovate too. It just takes time. Everyone is creative, we were born that way. The box of crayons in kindergarten were not limited to those who possessed potential, because everybody has potential.
Innovation can take time. How much time? How long did it take you to learn to ride a bike or drive a car? It can vary from person to person. It can take a bit of practice and a lot of time before this mind function comes easily when called. This article will teach you a few tips on how to bring innovation into your life.
1. Don’t listen to what other people say. Follow the beat of your own drum. Allowing for the input of other people can often waste your time and effort while you are trying to make them understand. Most often they won’t understand and worse yet, in there zeal to ‘help’ you the advise you get will probably come in the form of negative feedback. We would probably still be living in the middle ages if all of our geniuses listened to others.
2. Spend time on it. While I cannot stress this enough, please do not mistake this to tell you to quit your day job entirely. Do not quit your job! With a little discipline and some time management, you should have enough for both.
3. Exercise. Run a mile or walk two miles every day. This will help clear and relax your mind allowing for steady flow of innovation to occur.
4. Capture your dreams. Dreams are the untapped innovative spark that lies dormant. While some of your dreams appear to be the craziest thing your conscious mind ever thought of, writing them down will allow you to tap into the innovative power within.
5. Find your own style. You are unique, your innovative process and thoughts are unlike any other. Utilize your own style and your innovation will be appreciated more because it is uniquely yours. Develop your style and let others see how valuable you are.
6. Don’t look for the latest gadget or tool. You don’t need some expensive fountain pen and really smooth paper for a bestseller. J.K. Rowling wrote the first book of the Harry Potter Series on bits of tissue. You don’t need the most expensive set of paints to produce a Monet. The artist actually reduces the number of tools he has as he gets better at his craft: he knows what works and what doesn’t.
7. Passion is key. Passion will keep you going. If you are not doing what you want to do, then you really do not want to do it. Passion will get you up in the morning when you still want to sleep. It is what will keep the flame burning and allow you to overtake those who really don’t want it. Passion will make you virtuall unstoppable.
8. Inspiration. Inspiration has it’s own timetable. It will hit when you least expect it. It is unpredictable and can’t be forced. Prepare yourself for these times by always capturing your thoughts. Carry a pen and paper everywhere you go so you can write down your thoughts.
I hope this article will help you bring more innovation into your life. It is important to remember that you should be doing these things for your own satisfaction and not anybody else’s.